Advertising Policies and Guidelines
- Ad Content and Positioning.
- Ads must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services or violate the rights of any third parties.
- All components of an ad, including any text and images must be appropriate and related to the product or service being offered and to the audience viewing the ad.
- Ad text must include proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ad text may not contain any curse words, obscenities, or indecent content.
- Ads may not contain content that exploits controversial or political issues.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised and must not contain false, misleading, or deceptive assertions. All claims in ads must be adequately substantiated.
- Ads must lead to a functioning landing page or website that does not interfere with a user's ability to navigate away from the page.
- All ads are subject to IndustryHuddle’s Website Terms and Conditions, including Sections 2 and 12.
- Advertisement Content.
Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. Ads must not offend users. Ads must not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties.
Advertisements that contain the following content are explicitly forbidden by IndustryHuddle:
- Adult Products. Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services.
- Sex/Nudity. Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Tobacco. Ads may not reference or promote the sale or consumption of alcohol, drugs or tobacco. They must also not promote drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Pharmaceuticals and Supplements. Ads may not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are permitted, provided they do not promote products deemed unsafe or questionable by IndustryHuddle in its sole discretion.
- Weapons. Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Gambling. Ads may not promote online gambling, lotteries or games of skill.
- Malicious Software. Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that could result in a harmful effect to the user.
- Subscription Services. Ads may not promote subscription services. Ads promoting products or services that include negative options such as automatic renewal are also forbidden.
- Prohibited Business Models. Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by IndustryHuddle in its sole discretion to be unacceptable such as multi-level marketing schemes, or scams.
- Intellectual Property of Others. Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Illegal Activity. Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
- Online Advertising Portal Terms.
You can target a specific audience when buying ads on IndustryHuddle. The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal:
- Your ads will comply with these Guidelines.
- When you place an order, you will select the type of advertisement you want to buy. You will also be able to select the amount of money you want to add to your budget and to spend each day. If we accept your advertisement order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience that you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target audience.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- We will determine the placement and positioning of your ads and take into account the preferred target audience that you select.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads. We will, however, do our best to monitor and detect suspicious activity.
- We have the ability to approve advertisements when they are submitted and to review them at any time thereafter.
- IndustryHuddle has the right to reject or remove your advertisement(s) for any reason. Reasons might include but are not limited to: if your advertisement contains content that is deemed graphic in nature, hateful, malicious or misleading, that infringes on intellectual property rights or if the advertisement is deemed to simply be inappropriate for IndustryHuddle at our sole discretion.
- Our license to run your ad will end when you have exhausted the money in your budget, or depending upon how you adjust your advertisement settings which could determine how and when an ad is displayed.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- If you are placing advertisements on behalf of another company or person, you must have the authority to place those ads including:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
- Payment Provisions for Advertisers.
- When you purchase advertising on or through IndustryHuddle, you agree to pay, and you authorize IndustryHuddle to charge, the full amount of advertising fees specified in the order, calculated according to IndustryHuddle’s tracking mechanisms, along with any applicable taxes. This includes money you add to your advertising account balance or budget via IndustryHuddle’s online advertising portal. IndustryHuddle offers pay per click (ppc) and cost per impression (cpm) options. You are responsible for the timely payment of all fees and charges (e.g., overdraft or other bank fees) and for providing valid payment information. All advertising sales are final. All fees are non-refundable.
- You understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through IndustryHuddle when those orders are processed. This includes adding funds to your online advertising account.
- You are responsible for maintaining your advertising account.
Last Revised: October 3, 2012